In the 21st week of your pregnancy, your baby is about to have control over the limb movements. However, it makes you feel like having more kicks and stretches inside your womb. It also leaves a stretch mark in the form of pink lines, reddish skins, and in many variations. In addition, a brown streak will appear due to the extension of your belly.
"The emotions you have gone through during this stage is kind of excitement and fear. Being more cautious about your activities is also essential during this stage"
There comes some nourishment in your face due to the amniotic fluid. Here, you are given certain symptoms, hormonal changes, and body changes that will occur in the 21st week of pregnancy.
Fetal Development at Week 21
Now, you are in the 5th month of your pregnancy and 4 months left to see your little champ. In this stage, your baby is 10 inches long and weighs up to 12 pounds significantly. Still, the baby is surviving in the small area of the womb, which is the reason behind cramping. They can twist and turn in the space of the womb, which causes discomfort for the mother. Believe it or not, your fetus will take as much as rest in this time that you can witness. Moreover, whatever the foods you consume, your baby starts tasting this week. They also swallow amniotic acid every day, which renders them essential nutrients for the body. The foods you taste have a greater impact on their taste in the future.
Your Body at Week 21
During the 21st week of pregnancy, you can witness various stretch marks in the stomach, butts, thighs, and hips. Due to the increase in weight, these stretches will occur all over your body significantly. Even the supporting tissues under your skin get torn due to the heavy stretches. These things happen due to the genes and other health conditions of different women. Apart from this, there is no proven way to get rid of stretch marks other than medications. Reducing weights may bring slight changes in the marks of the stretches in the body.
Hormonal Changes at Week 21
Hormonal changes are common during the stage of pregnancy there is nothing to be frightened of. Meanwhile, based on the production of estrogen and progesterone the symptoms will differ in the body. It brings you slight morning sickness, nausea, and many more. Physical activities and proper food habits are the only choices to meet these symptoms boldly. Ensure prenatal visits with health care specialists to check hormonal changes. Only they can offer the right medications that suit your body changes. Never let the hormone production go higher as there are possibilities for severe symptoms.
Week 21 Pregnancy Symptoms
As mentioned earlier, due to the hormonal changes various symptoms will occur in the 21st week of pregnancy. Go through the list of symptoms given below to have a better understanding of your body changes.
- Nausea occurs often that brings little discomfort as the baby is moving
- Constipation and morning sickness is also common but there is a decrease than the previous stage
- Vomiting occurs based on the odors of certain foods
- Some nourishment in the skin will appear due to the hormonal changes
- Ligament pain occurs due to the constant increase in the body weight
- Nose bleeds with mucus due to the excess hormone secretion in the body
- Shortness of breath in all activities due to the increase in wombs and weight
- Frequent sneezing and cold occurs due to imperfect food habits
- Tiredness in small works as the baby exploits a certain amount of your energy
- Foot pain due to carrying a high amount of weight under hip
- Lower abdominal pain due to frequent movements and kicks of the baby
- Cramping is causes due to the stretches and movements of the baby
Letting you learn all the symptoms that happen during the 21st week of pregnancy. Make use of this to ensure the symptoms that come in this stage. Take good food, rest, and medications to have some stability over the symptoms.
Week 21 Pregnancy Checklist
Every woman at this stage needs to prepare a pregnancy checklist where four months just left before the little one is born. This checklist is the base to keep yourself and the baby healthy. Go through the things given above to indulge the useful things in your routines.
- Consume green fruits and vegetables to stay healthy
- Sip water often the whole day to hydrate your body perfectly
- Do some physical activities on daily basis to keep your body active
- Avoid being a secondhand smoker that affects the baby health
- Create a positive environment to avoid stress or depression
- Plan a schedule to look after the baby or choose a name for a boy and a girl
- Take medication at right time to get the right amount of nutrient
- Never skip the prenatal visits to have some check over your health
- Check the movements of your baby to ensure their activities
These entire checklists are mandatory for the 21st week of pregnancy as you are in the fifth month. Indulge this in your routine to enjoy this journey without any harm.
Hence, go through all the symptoms, hormonal changes, and checklist that is common for the 21st week of pregnancy. From this, you gain knowledge and get some idea about the changes in the body. So, starting with this helps you have a safe and enjoyable pregnancy journey. This article surely remains helpful and more informational for your queries.