Exploring the fifth month of your pregnancy gives you a wide smile and happiness inside. It is because of witnessing the movements and activities of your baby in the womb. However, there is some gradual decrease in the symptoms due to fewer hormonal changes, your baby is getting the natural attire. Carryying out the prenatal visits often will help you find the accurate health level of the baby and mother.
"Never miss any type of medication that offers all the essential nutrients for the body"
In this stage, you should be more cautious on each step due to the growth in the belly. Now, you are about to learn some symptoms, fetal development, a checklist, and some more that occurs in the 20th week of pregnancy.
Fetal Development at Week 20
Now, you are in the half completion of your pregnancy, which is a kind of celebration. Your baby is almost in the stage of a complete human figure. The sucking sense is also developing at this time and started to suck their thumb. The rapid brain growth and the nervous system is the reason for their movement. Other than this, your little one is the reason behind the differences in your sleeping cycle.
"There is skin that starts developing above the skin as a thick layer with a waxy coating called vernix"
In this 20th week of pregnancy, your baby’s digestive system renders a greenish-black sticky substance called meconium. This substance is also seen after birth in the first diaper.
Your Body at Week 20
In this stage of pregnancy, you will witness the movement of the baby called quickening. But the timing and actual sensation differ for a diverse woman. Still, tiny flutters and rumblings in your tummy occur often due to their movement. In the very next week, you will witness a rhythmic sound that is baby hiccups. You should have some prenatal checkups in this stage to measure certain things in your body. It helps find the fundal height, which lies around 7 to 8.5 inches. Using this, you can even find the period of pregnancy that is the funny note about it.
Hormonal Changes at Week 20
Every woman in 20 weeks of pregnancy is well known for her hormonal changes. Fortunately, this stage is to be a little better when the hormone changes are decreasing. The production of estrogen and progesterone is less, which is the reason for fewer symptoms. Due to this, there is a gradual decrease in morning sickness, nausea, vomiting, and many more. You should witness such changes in the body due to hormone reduction. If there are still some severe symptoms, make sure you visit the doctor. Most women get practiced with the symptoms and their activities bring them changes further.
Week 20 Pregnancy Symptoms
Similar to other weeks, you can even witness some symptoms in the 20th week of your pregnancy. Having some changes in lifestyle and food is the best way to maintain symptoms. Now, you are about to see certain symptoms that commonly occur in this stage.
- Constipation – Hormonal changes and pushing baby in the intestine is the major cause of constipation. This will surely remain an uncomfortable situation that needs solutions like more water and fiber-rich foods.
- Nosebleeds – Some increase in the hormones and blood sugar level will lead to nosebleeds. The mucus membranes are dried, which is the reason behind the bleeding. Using a humidifier for moistening the air and drinking more water is the only solution.
- Lower Back Pain – the growth in the belly and weight gain is the causes of lower back pain. Doing gentle exercises, stretching, and strengthening your muscles is the only solution for this. You can even wear a belly support band to get rid of the pain instantly.
- Forgetfulness – You may find difficulty in reminding things and constant memory loss problems will occur. It is one of the significant reasons behind healthcare specialists ensuring you make a pregnancy checklist. Preparing such a checklist makes you complete the task with the right concentration.
- Swollen Feet – this situation occurs due to weight gain and fluid retention and sometimes due to hormonal changes. These hormones in the future help in relaxing the ligaments and joints in the body. To make you feel comfortable, wear the right size shoes and use footrests often.
Week 20 Pregnancy Checklist
During the time of pregnancy, you can witness mixed emotions that never let you concentrate on things. In that instance, the pregnancy checklist is the only choice to perform things right.
- Indulge more water for keeping the body hydrated and maintaining symptoms
- Do exercise and stretches to get rid of the pain
- Consume fiber-rich foods to ensure the essential nutrients
- Check the ultrasound to enjoy the sound of the baby
- Have a good time with your partner by ensuring babies movements
- Engage with positive things to avoid stress and depression
- Eat some of your favorite foods but avoid junk
- Plan a daily routine to make yourself so active
- Give more preference for veggies and fruits
- Take the medications at right time to maintain proper health
- Never skip pregnant visits to measure the health of you and your baby
Indulge all these routines in your checklist to make sure you enjoy this stage.
Lastly, concluding this with more information that is related to week 20 pregnancy. You should make use of all this to witness the changes in your body. So, start enjoying this stage and indulge these things into knowledge for a healthy pregnancy.