Enjoy the presence of your baby every second in the womb. Now, you have successfully crossed the 19th week of pregnancy. This stage brings you emotions like fear, excitement, joy, and many more. Moreover, you are in the 5th month of pregnancy and some use this time for baby showers. The baby bumps offer various changes in your body and make you feel discomfort.
"The hormone secreting brings more glow into your face for sure"
The movement of the baby can be seen and witnessed, which creates incredible happiness. Ensuring prenatal visits to the doctor helps you maintain good health for yourself and the baby. Now, it is time to explore the symptoms, baby development, and hormonal changes that occur in the 19th week of pregnancy.
Fetal Development at Week 19
In this stage, your baby will measure up to 15.3cm from head to bottom and weighs about 240g. Meanwhile, the baby is similar to the look of the small tomato in the womb.
"Your top of the womb is getting so near to the belly button and ensures growth about two fingers' width every two weeks"
In addition, your baby’s arms and legs are in the right proportion to their body. His brain is forming individually along with getting smells, vision, movement, and many more. If the placenta is in front of your womb, then it becomes easy to witness the movements of the baby significantly.
Your Body at Week 19
The baby bumps are growing and you can witness a gradual increase in your weight. The fetus is positioned in your uterus, which is the reason for its growth in the womb. Similarly, you will get strong core muscles that automatically occur in your body. The occurrence of hormonal changes are very less in this 19th stage of pregnancy. Further, the baby bump will bring you various discomforts that never let you sleep peacefully. You should be very careful on each step as the bumps never let you walk more stably. Make sure you eat good foods and make your body active, which ensures perfect health for you.
Hormonal Changes at Week 19
As said earlier, the hormonal secretion is comparatively less from the previous weeks of the pregnancy. Still, estrogen and progesterone production is very common that occurs in all women in the 19th stage of pregnancy. These changes will bring you certain symptoms that never need any special attention. In case of any severe pain or other things, you should visit the health care specialist for better results. Taking the right medication on time is the best way of maintaining such hormonal changes in the baby. Hormonal changes are also beneficial for the mother, which renders essential nutrients for the baby.
Week 19 Pregnancy Symptoms
In the 19th week of pregnancy, you will never witness various symptoms and severe ones but only a few. Most discomfort due to womb development is the common thing that occurs in this stage. Here, given are certain symptoms that commonly occur in every woman in the pregnancy stage.
- Round Ligament Pain – as there is a growth in the uterus, the ligaments will connect to the pelvis stretch, and thicken. It comes in a sharp form, which is the reason behind the round ligament pain. Making massages or bathing with warm water is the best way of getting rid of the pain.
- Abdominal Pain – In this stage, cramping is one of the important reasons that lead to severe abdominal pain. Another sign is, it commonly occurs in the upper abdomen due to the growth and movement of the baby.
- Skin Changes – your palms become redder due to the production of estrogen in the body. You can also witness patches of dark skin on the upper lip, skin, and cheeks. A pregnancy hormone such as melanin is a significant reason for skin changes. Keeping you away from stress and depression is the best reason to get rid of this.
- Nose Bleeds – Due to an increase in the blood volume, there is nose bleeds occur in the 19th stage of the pregnancy. The excessive production in the blood vessels will expand the nose and causes more bleeding.
- Shortness of Breath – the need for more oxygen is essential during the 19th week of pregnancy. So, proper inhaling and exhaling of oxygen is the best way of getting rid of shortness of breath.
Week 19 Pregnancy Checklist
A pregnancy checklist in the fifth month is more important to maintain the proper health care of the mother and baby. Now, you are about to see a certain checklist that is mandatory to follow in the 19th week of pregnancy.
- Consume healthy foods that render you essential nutrients
- Improve your sleep time and never let your body restless
- Consuming plenty of water makes you and your baby hydrated
- Stay connected with positive people for better mental health
- Have more fun time with your friend and family
- Avoid eating toxic foods that may cause trouble for the baby
- Visit the doctor on proper appointments to measure the health
- Do regular exercises based on your body capacity
- Get away from stress by engaging yourself with some interesting things.
In the 19th week of pregnancy, you should go through the things given above to ensure your body changes. Get to know about the hormonal changes and symptoms that make you find what is happening in your body. So, this article is surely helpful for you to have a healthy and happy pregnancy.