Successfully you have come across various weeks of pregnancy with the experience of mixed emotions. During the 12th week of pregnancy, the organ system of the fetus will show some gradual growth in it. Further, it is the starting stage of the functioning of the pregnancy inside your womb. Similar to the other weeks, you will get the same symptoms and other changes in the body.
"Being active for a while will make you healthy and even ensure the baby's health"
Now, you are about to explore the symptoms, hormone changes, and many other things about the 12th-week pregnancy. You should make use of this to get the right knowledge to take over this journey securely.
Fetal Development at Week 12
Your baby is roughly the size of a plum approximately 2.5 inches in length and weighs around an ounce. In addition, the head of the fetus is around one-half of the length and the neck will rest on the shoulders. The Head and neck will also get more development, where the salivary glands will start functioning. On the other hand, you can use an external Doppler scan to make you hear the heartbeat of the baby. The lungs will continue to mature and the amniotic fluid that helps in inhaling and exhaling. When it comes to the skin, the muscles and nervous system are getting matured. Even the thyroid and pancreas glands will help in making the hormones.
Your Body at Week 12
"In the 12th week of pregnancy, you will start enjoying your baby’s movement in the womb"
Moreover, it is time to show off your baby bump for your family to welcome the little one. You can witness a thick layer around your abdomen that makes you ensure the development of your baby. When there is gradual growth, there is time to witness the stretch marks and weight gain in the body. The muscles and the ligaments may bring further pain in your stomach. Seek some advice from your health care specialist to come out of the trouble significantly. The changes in your body will make you get some mixed emotions. Sometimes, it may cause some stress that is due to the harmonic changes in your body.
Hormonal Changes at Week 12
The production of estrogen and progesterone is high during this stage of pregnancy, which is the cause of hormonal changes. However, this hormone secretion is the major cause of various symptoms during this period. There is no significant pain that will occur in your body just because the baby will control it. Meanwhile, hormone secretion is one of the major reasons for the stress and depression that occurs in your body. Morning sickness is a common symptom that will come throughout your pregnancy stage. Having physical activities and exercise will make you get rid of these things at this stage.
Week 12 Pregnancy Symptoms
Symptoms are a very common thing in pregnancy but they bring mixed emotions to the mother. These things occur often for everyone but no one will get rid of this as this is common.
- Nausea – nausea and morning sickness is the most disturbing factor for many women in the 12th week of pregnancy.
- Vomiting – Vomiting will occur in the first three months of pregnancy that is surely availing in week 12 of pregnancy.
- Fatigue – Fatigue mainly occurs due to hormone production that will make you tired. Ensuring physical activities will make you get rid of this tiredness in your body.
- Food Cravings – Cravings will occur in this stage and still never let you eat more due to vomiting. Though, eating your favorite foods becomes a big craving but choose something healthy.
- Mood Swings – As said earlier, mood swings like stress, depression, happiness, and many things will happen. Making yourself engage in a better environment to keep your mind calm and soft.
- Urination Often – Urination occurs due to the frequent water intake that helps to make your body hydrated. You cannot control this but letting this happen is the healthy choice for your body.
- Leg Pain – Sometimes, pain in the legs and back is common; it may even cause worse pain due to the weight of the baby.
Week 12 Pregnancy Checklist
A pregnancy checklist is essential to have a healthy and secure pregnancy that is beneficial for both mom and baby.
- Do morning exercises often with proper timing
- Eat healthy foods rather than oily or junk foods
- Sleep at least 8 hours and never make you restless
- Take medications given by the health care specialists
- Avoid being second hand smoke that is harmful
- Never let yourself be in cold climates without proper precautions
- Keep yourself active by doing household work
Last Few Words
Finally, you are given the various things that will occur in the 12th week of your pregnancy stage. These symptoms and hormone changes are common so you need not want to worry about this. Take this article for better knowledge and make you aware about body changes. So, it is now your turn to maintain the proper things that are essential for your body.