Carrots contain a lot of benefits and it is a reliable source of several minerals and vitamins, especially vitamin A, vitamin K, biotin, potassium, and vitamin B6. Carrot is high in beta-carotene, a carotenoid that provides the red or orange color. Carrots are mostly composed of carbohydrates and water.
|Nutritional Value per 100 g|
|Energy||173 kJ (41 kcal)|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g|
|Thiamine (B1)||0.066 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.058 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||0.983 mg|
|Pantothenic acid (B5)||0.273 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.138 mg|
|Folate (B9)||19 μg|
|Vitamin C||5.9 mg|
|Vitamin E||0.66 mg|
|Vitamin K||13.2 μg|
Here are a few Health Benefits of Carrot:
- Beta-carotene has antioxidant properties that prevent cell, DNA damage, reduce inflammation, and lower cholesterol.
- The high levels of Beta-carotene are accountable for the excellent health of your eyes. Vitamin A enhances the appropriate functioning of the eyes, which protects the vision.
- Carrots provide healthy skin by cleansing the toxins.
- They also protect our skin from the damage caused by the sun preventing premature aging and wrinkles.
- The beta-carotene boosts the immune function of the body, which helps fight and prevent cancer.
- Pectin is the fundamental type of dissolvable fiber in carrots that bring down glucose levels by hindering your digestion of sugar and starch.
- Carrots are rich in fiber that slows down metabolism. Regular intake of carrots in your routine diet aids in weight loss.
- The primary insoluble fibers in carrots are cellulose, lignin, and hemicellulose. These fibers reduce the risk of constipation and help in regular bowel movements.
- Carrot acts as a natural toothbrush that assists with scouring plaque and leftover food particles in your mouth. Regular consumption of carrot keeps your teeth healthy.
- Packed with Potassium carrots help to loosen up strain in blood vessels and arteries, which enhances the blood flow circulation and lowers elevated blood pressure.
- Potassium in carrots keeps your skin and body hydrated. Drinking carrot juice regularly helps to reduce blemishes and scars.