Green tea consists of active polyphenolic compounds called catechins. The catechins in green tea are epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), epicatechins (EC), and epigallocatechin (EGC), which are referred to as antioxidants. They have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antihypertensive, anticancer, anti-thrombogenic, and lipid-lowering properties. As the processing of green tea avoids the fermentation, the maximum amount of antioxidants and polyphenols are retained. These substances give green tea most of its benefits. Early morning is the best time to have green tea.
|Nutritional value per 100 g|
|Energy||4 kJ (0.96 kcal)|
|Thiamine (B1)||0.007 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.06 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||0.03 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.005 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
Here are a few Health Benefits of Green Tea:
- Green tea always remains as the best natural weight loss drink.
- It helps collect the harmful oxygen radicals and prevent oxidative damage to the cells, DNA, and cellular functions.
- EGCG in green tea shields the skin from harmful UV radiation and also nullifies the oxygen radicals. It helps to prevent skin cancer, skin rashes, photoaging, and sunburn.
- Premature aging occurs due to free radicals that are formed by the radiation of UV rays exposed in the skin. The antioxidants in green tea remove the free radicals and fight acne producing hormones leaving your skin healthy and young.
- It also detoxifies the system and produces more energy to the body.
- Green tea reduces cholesterol levels, helps in weight loss, and increases stamina.
- Include green tea on your routine diet to reduce the risk of stroke.
- Catechins in green tea can eliminate microbes and inhibit viruses, potentially bringing down your risk of infections.
- The powerful antioxidants in green tea help to battle cancer by rummaging harmful free oxygen radicals that cause oxidative damage to DNA and the cells.
- Fluoride in green tea is a mineral that helps to make dental health stronger. Little increments in the measure of fluoride can keep microscopic organisms from assaulting teeth.