Abhaya Hridaya Mudra is a novice level yoga gesture, which is a mudra for love. Abhaya in Sanskrit means fearlessness; Hridaya means heart, and Mudra means seal. It is a symbolic gesture that allows you to find the courage to follow your heart. Generally, this mudra connects you to your heart and brings forward the strength of your true nature. It makes you brave by eliminating all your fears and also represents peace and protection. Abhaya hridaya mudra is essential for those who practice Siddhi Mantra and the Kundalini Tantra to activate and revitalize the Kundalini Shakthi at the base of the spine. Moreover, it is the Star among the other yoga gestures.
Abhaya Hridaya Mudra Step by Step
Relax your body and brain.
Bring your hands together to form Anjali Mudra (prayer position) in front of your chest.
Cross the right wrist over the left wrist in front of your sternum. Ensure that your palms are facing in the opposite direction.
Lock the index, middle and little fingers of both the hands. Skip over the ring and thumb fingers.
Now bring the tip of the ring and thumb fingers together on both the hands. It connects you to your heart.
Duration and Position
- Mostly this mudra is done in sitting position.
- Keep the mudra before your chest for 5 to 10 mins and observe the sensation.
- It additionally involves Pranayama and Meditation.
Benefits of Abhaya Hridaya Mudra
- Releases stress and give you a positive vibe.
- Builds courage to follow your heart.
- Nourishes your heart and lungs.
- Creates a spirit and calmness in you.
- Rejuvenates your vital force.
- Reduces fragmented thoughts and scattered energy.
- Relieves you from nightmares.
- Improves your digestion.
- Recovers your strength after the surgery.
- Useful in the time of fatigue.
- Regulates the healthy functioning of all the internal organs.