Exfoliation is a significant part of a healthy skin system; it helps to boost your skin’s overall radiance. It is an easy way to remove the dead skin cells, oil, and dirt on the surface of your skin. Moreover, exfoliation can help to increase your skin’s collagen production, which is more important to keep your skin from some skin problems.
Exfoliate the skin with some natural scrubs that are more beneficial to your skin when compared to some chemical products. Because they can do more harm to your skin and worsen your problem, use natural homemade scrubs instead of them. There are plenty of natural ingredients available in your kitchen; use them to get glowing, fresh, and healthy skin. Sugar plays a crucial role in every scrub because it contains effective exfoliating properties, which help remove extra oil, dirt, and dust from your skin.
Homemade Body Scrubs for Glowing Skin
1. Green Tea Scrub
Green tea may benefit your skin in many ways as it is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce skin irritation, swelling, and skin redness. And polyphenols in green tea aid reduce sebum secretion of the skin, which is the main reason for cause acne. Moreover, green tea contains a high amount of vitamin E, which can nourish and hydrate the skin. Honey is naturally anti-bacterial.
- Add two tea bags to hot water for five minutes, and let it cool.
- Add 4-5tsps of brown sugar and 5tbsp of coconut oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply this mixture to wet skin.
- Scrub gently for 3-5 minutes and rinse.
- Use the scrub weekly once to get glowing and supple skin.
2. Yogurt Scrub
Using yogurt daily can help you prevent pimples. The high amount of lactic acid in yogurt helps remove the topmost layer of skin, which results in new skin cell production. Moreover, it helps reduce dark circles because of its anti-inflammatory property, lowering puffiness. Yogurt helps eliminate skin infections that can cause pathogens such as yeast.
- Add 2-3tbsps of sugar to 1tbsp of fresh curd or yogurt.
- Then add a teaspoon of honey and 3-4tbsp Olive oil or coconut oil or jojoba oil, or almond oil onto it.
- Mix the ingredients until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply it all over your body and gently massage in a circular motion for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- For better results, use the scrub 2-3 times a week.
3. Lemon Scrub
Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and is a natural brightening ingredient which helps keep skin even-toned. It has antiseptic qualities that help exfoliate dead cells from the skin. The mineral and antioxidants in lemon improve the appearance and health of your skin.
- Take a whole lemon, slice, and squeeze its juice into a bowl.
- Add 2tbsp of sugar and 1tbsp of honey with it.
- Mix well and apply it onto your skin; lightly massage for 2-3minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- This scrub will help prevent excessively oily skin. Use it once a week if you have sensitive skin.
4. Oatmeal Scrub
The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in oats help remove dead cells. Oatmeal contains zinc that helps reduce inflammation and fight the acne-causing bacterial action. It acts as a natural moisturizer. It also helps in normalizing your skin’s pH levels.
- Mix ½ cup of oats, 2tbsps of honey, and 2tbsps of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Apply this scrub to your skin and massage lightly for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it with water.
- For better outcomes, use the scrub at least twice a week.
5. Sea Salt Scrub
Sea salt is a natural exfoliator that helps remove the dirt and grime while scrubbing the skin. The minerals in sea salt soften skin and restore hydration.
- Mix ½ cup of olive oil with 1 cup of sea salt.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (Optional).
- Apply it to your skin, gently scrubbing in a circular motion.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Use the scrub once a week for dry skin, a couple of weeks if you have normal skin, and thrice a week if you have oily skin.
6. Coffee Scrub
Coffee is a popular ingredient in many body scrubs because it is rich in antioxidants, which help remove dead cells from the outer layer of the skin. And it works as a great exfoliator with a mixture of sugar, whereas it gives smooth and supple skin.
- Add ½ cup of ground coffee and ½ cup of sugar to a bowl.
- Then add 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil onto it, and mix all the ingredients until to get a coarse paste.
- Apply the mixture to the skin and gently scrub for 1-2 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this scrub thrice a week for clear and glowing skin.
You’re responsible for your health and safety. So, if you have a sensitivity, you should talk to your dermatologist or doctor first to make sure which scrubs are right for you. And these homemade scrubs are used only for the body, not your face. You should avoid exfoliation if your skin has the following conditions,
- Broken or chapped
- Swollen or red
- Very dry