Nowadays, people suffer a lot of hair-related problems at least once in their lives, and there are multiple reasons for it. Hair fall is one of the main problems in this lifestyle. Most people want to take extra care to stop hair fall through some anti-hair fall shampoos, but it’s not enough. Hence, you can also add some effective natural home remedies along with these shampoos to control hair fall.
Home Remedies to Control Hair Fall
1. Oil Massaging
Oil massage is the best treatment for hair fall. Moreover, it helps to improve hair thickness and reduces hair fall. It can also aid in decreasing stress which is one of the major reasons for hair fall.
- Take coconut or castor oil in a bowl as needed.
- Apply it on your scalp freely with a cotton ball.
- Gently massage your scalp after an hour, and rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Repeat twice a week for better results.
2. Egg Mask
Eggs are loaded with protein, sulfur, selenium, phosphorous, zinc, and iodine. All of which help promote hair growth and reduces hair fall as well.
- Mix 1tsp of honey and olive oil with one egg white in a bowl.
- Beat well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste all over from root to tips and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with mild shampoo.
Repeat this remedy two times per week for better results.
3. Coconut Milk
Coconut is a good source of protein and essential fats, which helps reduce baldness, hair fall, and dandruff. It prevents hair loss and also promotes hair growth.
- Take a medium-sized coconut and grate it.
- Simmer the coconut in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool.
- Add 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds and crushed black pepper to it.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it with shampoo.
Repeat as and when required.
4. Beetroot Juice
Beets are packed with folate, manganese, vitamin C and B6, potassium, betaine. It helps to tighten the pores of the scalp and reduce hair fall. Beetroot act as a natural hair coloring agent.
- Blend two beetroots and separate the juice.
- Apply this juice onto your scalp and leave it 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Try this remedy twice a week for better results.
5. Aloe Gel
Vitamins A, E, and C in aloe vera help repair dead skin cells on the scalp and promote hair growth. It also helps in preventing itchy and dandruff scalp as well. Aloe vera works as a great conditioner.
- Extract the gel from Aloe vera.
- Apply the gel onto your scalp and leave it for 45-50 minutes.
- Rinse with normal water.
Do this thrice a week to see better outcomes.
6. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed is the most effective home remedy to treat hair fall. It helps in repairing hair follicles and nourishes your scalp.
- Soak 2-3 tsp of fenugreek seeds overnight.
- Strain the water from the seeds and grind them.
- Add 2-3 tsp of yogurt along with the paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it for 45 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
Try this process 1-2 times per week.
7. Onion Juice
Onion juice is a safe and natural home remedy that can be good for your hair. Onion battles scalp infections as it has antibacterial properties. Sulfur content in the onion improves blood circulation to the hair follicles. It helps promotes hair growth and acts as an excellent conditioner.
- Blend few onions and squeeze out the juice.
- Apply the juice onto your scalp and hair using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 30 minutes; wash it off using a mild shampoo to avoid onion smell.
Repeat once a week to see the difference.
Amla, otherwise known as Indian Gooseberry, is an excellent source of vitamin C. Thus, it helps strengthen hair follicles, prevent dandruff, and increases blood circulation. Moreover, consuming amla may reduce hair fall and stimulates hair growth because of its anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties.
- Mix 1-2 tsp of amla powder with a tablespoon of lime juice to form a paste.
- Apply it freely on your scalp and hair.
- Cover your scalp with a shower cap.
- Leave it for an hour and wash it off with normal water.
Try it weekly twice for better results.